Archives for August 2008
I was trying to get a stored procedure in SQL Server to run using a mixture of parameters passed from an ASP.NET page and a local variable which I wanted to declare in order to modify one of the parameters received.
I couldn’t figure out where to put the local variable in relation to the parameters, until I found this page:
The parameters go before the ‘AS’ statement, the local variable after, but before the ‘BEGIN’ statement if you use it.
I’ve been having this weird problem at home with my wireless network. I have a Windows Vista Ultimate laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T61p) and a Netgear RangeMax WNR854T wireless router. In ‘Network & Sharing Centre’ on Vista, it shows that I have two network connections to the same wireless network. Both show I’m connected to local and internet. One connection is continuously identified as an ‘Unidentified Network’, the other is as it should be with my settings in place.
View Status shows the same status, and Disconnect disconnects both connections. When I reconnect, it creates the dual network connections again. This would be just a curiosity but it seems to be really slowing my connection, so I’m going to have to find out what’s going on.
So, success at last with a solution but not a reason that I can pinpoint.
Having tried turning on and off IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, NETBIOS, file and print sharing and just about every other combination I could come up with, I tried a static IP and low and behold I now only have one wireless network connection and the speed is back to normal.
Very strange, but at least it’s resolved.
I’ve had my TyTn II for about 7 months now and yesterday it just started playing up. I made no software or hardware changes or did anything unusual. It just wouldn’t go into standby, and when it did, it was a Standby Of Death (SOD). Also, when I slid the keyboard out, the screen wouldn’t flip to horizontal.
I’ve checked about a bit for Windows Mobile 6.1 update for this device (T-mobile Vario III) and it’s not released yet. Anyway, after many soft resets it seems to be playing nice again so I’ll post again if it redevelops.
This was a useful post about it all: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-332088.html
So, I lived with this problem for a while and in the end bit the bullet and did a hard-reset. This worked and the keyboard is now behaving 🙂