- this post is under construction! -
I've been using a wordpress.com site up until now, but I've recently got a nice VPS of my own from www.bizarc.com and I've just finished installing Virtual Multiblog for WordPress on this WAMP-configured server. These are the steps I took to get here, standing on the shoulders of giant geeks
1. Install WAMP as here: http://wordpressgarage.com/good-blogging-practice/how-to-set-up-wordpress-on-a-wampserver/
2. Uninstall IIS
3. Edit root directory + dependents in Apache to the root of the wordpress folder
4. Edit datadir in C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.33\my.ini
5. Create new database - 'wordpress'
6. Create new user for the database
7. Follow these instructions: http://striderweb.com/wp-content/multiblog/multiblog-readme.htm
8. Set-up VHOSTS to the hostnames
9. Install MySQL Service and Start it: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Error2003-CantConnectToMySQLServer and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/windows-start-service.html (C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.33\bin\mysqld --install)
10. It actually works.